today, christen and i went and looked at a house and subsequently, i had to run over to the realtor’s office. christen had already been there and had
told me warned me about the time warp that was their office.
- wood panel walls (obviously)
- crooked 1994 calendar on wall dangling by a single thumbtack
- receptionist: red lipstick. bleached, permed hair. old school black telephone held between shoulder and cheek. dr. scholl’s medical shoes. nail file scraping. gum smacking.
- clearly gay realtor living in don’t ask, don’t tell land
- 5 people in the office. 6 mustaches. (not sure how that math even works out…)
- class of ’74 oval cutout plaque thingy (you know…the thing with every senior’s picture in a little oval cutout…)
- the smell of old man and closet
- _____________ (other) (this is where you can fill in the blank with anything else that you would assume would be present in ’73…because it was most definitely there).