you know what’s not happening? work, that’s what.
and that is an amazingly beautiful thing.yes friends, for the first time in over 3 years, we’re on vacation. several days ago, we headed southward to the white sands of panama city beach, florida. it’s been an amazing couple of days already and we expect the week to get even better.
i’ll have much more to say about our trip (along with some pretty amazing photos) in the next several days (or next week), but i thought i’d offer a little mix for those who aren’t able to join us.
to me, the beach and music go hand-in-hand. ok, so most of my life goes hand-in-hand with music, but the beach just begs for a good soundtrack. so i decided to assemble one for our trip.
yes, i could have just hit play on the beach boys greatest hits or played some cheeseball jimmy buffett (‘cheeseball’ is my nice way of describing his music…) or, god forbid, some kenny chesney, but i thought i’d try to put something together that everyone might not expect. yes, there are some “standards” on here, but i’ve tried to switch things up.
hopefully you’ll find something you like. more than anything, though, maybe you’ll find something to help you escape to the beach, wherever you’re listening.
here’s the tracklist:
1. the beach boys: wouldn’t it be nice
2. gomez: hamoa beach
3. lauryn hill: just like water
4. modest mouse: float on
5. david gray: from here you can almost see the sea
6. the avett brothers: if it’s the beaches
7. the black keys: oceans & streams
8. phantogram: you are the ocean
9. toad the wet sprocket: walk on the ocean
10. future of forestry: set your sails
11. boyz ii men: water runs dry
12. cory chisel & the wandering sons: longer time at sea
13. eisley: sea king
14. billy ocean: caribbean queen
15. feist: sea lion woman
16. dr. dog: the beach
17. lisa hannigan: ocean and a rock
18. otis redding: sittin’ on the dock of the bay
// download the .zip //