after 7 months, i’ve finally found time (somehow) to redesign my website. in the beginning, i never intended to leave the old design up for any more than maybe a week or two. i just needed to slap something up there, but, as it normally goes, it lived on for 7 months.
**if you’re scratching your head, looking around at the old design, then you probably need to clear your browser’s cache. if you don’t know how to do that, click here (courtesy of indiana university’s website…??…just so happened to pop up in google near the top of the search…) to see a basic guide on how to do it (don’t worry…it’s ridiculously simple and painless).**
you’ll quickly notice a lot of new stuff, but let me point some of them out:
1. sidebar: this will help you to use my website in a more functional way
2. search bar: thanks to our friends at google, you can now search my site. want to find if i’ve ever used the words “your” of “face” or maybe “your face”…well, now you can do that.
3. family pics/bio: want to know what i look like or want to know a little bit more about my incredibly beautiful family. well, now you can.
4. twitter: wanna see my 6 latest posts to twitter? you can now do that in the sidebar.
5. current albums: see what 2 albums are in current heavy rotation in my itunes. i hope to change these out often…but i’m trying to be realistic about it…
6. categories: want to know everything i’ve written about lucy or read my reviews or want to know my thoughts on the iphone? you can now do that easily.
7. archives: see what i was writing about in june or november or any month you so choose.
8. contact page: it has been simplified and is much more functional
9. readability: i’ve changed the font and font color so that it’s easier to read. 8 point gray century gothic isn’t too friendly on the eyeballs. this should be better.
10. load time: ok, this may or may not be good. i’m going to have to see how it goes. it probably loads a little slower because of more content, BUT, i’ve limited the # of posts on a page to 10 instead of 15, so that should help.
alright, as with any new website or redesign, there’s going to be some kinks to work out. i’ve tried to do thorough testing, but i know i missed some stuff. let me know if you run into any problems.
don’t forget: reset your browser’s cache!!